12: EA Sports Social + Madden 17 Cover w/ Kurt Stadelman
Kurt Stadelman, Social Media Manager at EA Sports, joins The Rob Cressy Show to talk about the EA Sports brand engagements at the NFL Draft, their social media strategy and where Snapchat fits in, plus the release of the Madden 17 cover.
In our conversation some of the topics Kurt Stadelman and I cover include:
- The EA Sports activations at the NFL Draft, which included loading the individual NFL draft picks profiles into the Madden game 5-minutes after they were drafted and then live streaming it on Twitch.
- How EA Sports is forward thinking when it comes to fan engagement.
- The evolution of EA Sports Snapchat account. How they use it, their KPI’s, and why it’s such a valuable platform. (Note: make sure to follow the EA Sports Snapchat account on Thu, May 19 & Fri, May 20 as they’ll be at the NFLPA Rookie Premier which should be awesome.)
- The release of the Madden 17 cover and how not partnering with ESPN this year impacted their strategy.
- Thoughts on The Madden Curse.
- Check out EA Sports on Snapchat @EASports, on Twitter @EAMaddenNFL, and on Instagram @EASportsInsider.
- You can follow Kurt Stadelman on Snapchat @coachburt, and on Twitter & Instagram @KurtStadelman.
- I want to hear from you. Did you like this podcast? Is there something that I can improve on? Did this podcast cause you to take action in some way? Are there topics that you’d like to see me cover on the show? Are you looking to work with an amazing content creator and marketer? Hit me up at email@example.com or on Twitter @RobCressy and lets talk.
- Check out previous episodes of The Rob Cressy Show here.
- You can check out my photo diary of the best jerseys at the NFL Draft here.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ROB CRESSY SHOW PODCAST!
1. Ultimate Entrepreneur Reading List – I’ve read over 100 books on creativity, leadership, entrepreneurship, digital marketing, and sports that have had a major impact on my life. These are those books. Get your learn on!
2. What Exactly Does Cress Media Do? – So what exactly does Cress Media do? Check this out and you’ll get a great idea of the value I bring to the table.
3. Want to land your dream job in sports? – This is how I tried to get the attention of Bill Simmons, by creating a pitch video wearing 12 basketball jerseys at once while talking about social media.
4. Follow Rob Cressy on Snapchat – If you are on Snapchat then you need to be following me faster than Antonio Brown can shake & bake a DB. You can also check out my notes from the Snapchat For Business workshop I taught.
5. Monday Morning Newsletter – Get rid of your case of the Monday’s with Rob Cressy’s weekly Monday Morning newsletter. It’ll give some extra motivation and inspiration to those who strive to do great things.