13: Monetize Your Passion with Jason Zook
Jason Zook joins The Rob Cressy Show to talk about how to monetize your passion, be a disciplined creative, plus shares stories and advice from his spectacularly unique journey. In case you aren’t familiar, Jason Zook was the creator of IWearYourShirt.com, where he made $1,000,000 wearing t-shirts. He has also sold his last name TWICE and is now selling his future.
In our conversation some of the topics Jason Zook and I cover include:
- At the start of his entrepreneurial journey, what was his mindset?
- How do you monetize your passion?
- The importance of having systems and processes in place and how it allows creative people to get more done.
- Hustle porn: when is enough working and how you can better manage the time you spend working.
- The creators dilemma: how much time you spend creating vs promoting.
- Monday mindset: how you can make Monday’s and every day of the week the best ever by doing what you love.
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given.
- You can check out Jason Zook on his website JasonDoesStuff.com, on Twitter @JasonDoesStuff, plus you can listen to his Action Army podcast here.
- I want to hear from you. Did this podcast cause you to take action in some way? Are there topics that you’d like to see me cover on the show? Is there something that I can improve on? Are you looking to work with an amazing content creator and marketer? Hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @RobCressy and lets talk.
- Check out previous episodes of The Rob Cressy Show here.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ROB CRESSY SHOW PODCAST!
1. Ultimate Entrepreneur Reading List – I’ve read over 100 books on creativity, leadership, entrepreneurship, digital marketing, and sports that have had a major impact on my life. These are those books. Get your learn on!
2. What Exactly Does Cress Media Do? – Check this out and you’ll get a great idea of the value Rob Cressy brings to the table.
3. Want to land your dream job in sports? – This is how I tried to get the attention of Bill Simmons, by creating a pitch video wearing 12 basketball jerseys at once while talking about social media.
4. Follow Rob Cressy on Snapchat – If you are on Snapchat then you need to be following me faster than Antonio Brown can shake & bake a DB. You can also check out my notes from the Snapchat For Business workshop I taught.
5. Monday Morning Newsletter – Get rid of your case of the Monday’s with Rob Cressy’s weekly Monday Morning newsletter. It’ll give some extra motivation and inspiration to those who strive to do great things.