18: Pete Vlastelica’s Yardbarker Journey
Pete Vlastelica, EVP of Digital at Fox Sports and Founder of Yardbarker, joins The Rob Cressy show to talk about his entrepreneurial journey building Yardbarker. Pete shares how he went from having $3.45 in his bank account to being acquired by Fox Sports.
In our conversation some of the topics Pete Vlastelica and I cover include:
- Why and how did he start Yardbarker?
- What would his advice be to someone trying to build out their own network without seeking external funding?
- What’s the best way for publishers to monetize now?
- How important is fun in business?
- The daily entrepreneurial grind.
- What are his thoughts on Snapchat in the current sports landscape.
- You can connect with Pete Vlastelica on Twitter @PeteVlastelica
- I want to hear from you. Did this podcast cause you to take action in some way? Are there topics that you’d like to see me cover on the show? Is there something that I can improve on? Are you looking to work with an amazing content creator and marketer? Hit me up at email@example.com or on Twitter @RobCressy and lets talk.
- Check out previous episodes of The Rob Cressy Show here.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ROB CRESSY SHOW PODCAST!
1. Ultimate Entrepreneur Reading List – I’ve read over 100 books on creativity, leadership, entrepreneurship, digital marketing, and sports that have had a major impact on my life. These are those books. Get your learn on!
2. What Exactly Does Cress Media Do? – Check this out and you’ll get a great idea of the value Rob Cressy brings to the table.
3. Want To Write Funnier? – For the last 4 years I’ve studied comedy writing at Second City and from one of the Co-Founders of The Onion. Learn how to become a funnier writer and take your business, career, or blog to the next level.
4. Follow Rob Cressy on Snapchat – If you are on Snapchat then you need to be following me faster than Antonio Brown can shake & bake a DB. You can also check out my notes from the Snapchat For Business workshop I taught
5. Ultimate Guide: Digital Marketing to Millennials – My 6 core principles for creating fun and engaging content that gets people to take action.
6. Subscribe to The Sports Marketing Huddle – My latest project is a podcast that takes a look at all things marketing in the world of sports.
Rob Cressy’s Newsletter
Sign up to receive a weekly email of the best digital marketing and content creation resources I create. My goal is to help you achieve yours.