Top 5 Podcast Influences: March 2, 2016
Entrepreneur and motivational speaker Jim Rohn said, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
I’m big into listening to podcasts because I always want to be learning, improving, and keeping the inspirational vibes flowing. I typically listen to a combination of sports, business and entrepreneur podcasts, which are the biggest professional areas of my life, and I listen to them any opportunity I can. Walking the dog, at the gym, on the train, or anywhere I’ve got free time that isn’t being occupied by something that needs my undivided attention.
I thought it would add value to let you know who my top five business, sports and entrepreneur podcast influences of the week are. The people I’m spending the most time with. The ones who I am the average of.
I will do this every week and hopefully it’ll give you some inspiration or help you find some awesome new podcasts to add to your rotation. I’ll also include specific episodes that stand out so you know where to start.
Here are my Top 5 Podcast Influences for the Week of March 2, 2016.
- The #AskGaryVee Show – Gary Vaynerchuk had author, entrepreneur, and marketer Seth Godin on the show and anytime Seth Godin appears in my feed it’s a can’t miss opportunity. He drops so much wisdom that can help you become a better marketer and business person.
- The Chive Podcast – Part 2 of How The Chive started was just as good as part 1. As someone who takes a ton of inspiration from The Chive, hearing how they built their community and brand into one of the largest on the planet serves as great motivation for the entrepreneur in me.
- The Chive Podcast – Gonna double dip with The Chive this week. The podcast with Tim T.K.O. Kennedy was unlike any that you’ll listen to. Tim Kennedy is a badass of all badasses. He’s a UFC fighter who will be fighting for the title soon, he’s active duty in the military as a Special Forces Sniper, and he’s one of the craziest guys on the planet with stories to match.
- The Bill Simmons Podcast – Bill Simmons interviewed Golden State Warriors center Andrew Bogut and at first I thought, “why would I want to listen to Andrew Bogut?” Then I decided to give it a listen and boy am I glad I did. Andrew Bogut is an Aussie who isn’t afraid to speak his mind and he gives great insight into everything that’s going on with this Warriors team. Considering the Warriors are on a historic pace and Bogut has a front row seat to witness everything that Steph Curry does it was like listening to basketball gold.
- EOFire with John Lee Dumas – JLD interviews entrepreneurs 7-days a week with a consistent format that gives me a ton of inspiration and knowledge. 99% of the time I don’t know who the guest is but that doesn’t matter. I listen to learn. Episode 1226: How to get out of your shame spiral and ignite your passion with Alexia Vernon was a good one. She shares great advice from her business journey including talking about creating multiple revenue streams.