21: Startup Success and How You Can Achieve It w/ Jim Phillips
Jim Phillips, General Manager of Chicago at Ritual, joins The Rob Cressy Show to talk about startup success and how you can achieve it. Jim has been in the startup game for over 10 years and shares some great insight into the mindset that it takes to be successful.
In our candid conversation about startup life some of the topics Jim Phillips and I cover include:
- How having a growth mindset is essentially to success at a startup
- Structure or a lack there of: what is the best way to manage at a startup?
- Things that lead to failure at a startup
- Things that lead to success at a startup
- Leadership: it starts at the top
- The importance of positivity and gratitude
- How mindfulness and meditating is a game changer
- What’s the best advice he’s been given?
Feedback (I want to hear from you):
- Do you work at a startup? If so what are some success principles you have?
- I’d love your feedback on our conversation. If there’s anything you’d like to see certainly let me know.
- Hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @RobCressy and lets talk.
- Also, if your brand isn’t on Snapchat yet then what are you waiting for? I can help get the right strategy in place. Hit me up.
Check out previous episodes of The Rob Cressy Show here.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ROB CRESSY SHOW PODCAST!
1. Ultimate Entrepreneur Reading List – I’ve read over 100 books on creativity, leadership, entrepreneurship, digital marketing, and sports that have had a major impact on my life. These are those books. Get your learn on!
2. Rob Cressy’s Guide To Being a Creator – Once you understand the Why and How, it all makes sense.
3. Want To Write Funnier? – For the last 4 years I’ve studied comedy writing at Second City and from one of the Co-Founders of The Onion. Learn how to become a funnier writer and take your business, career, or blog to the next level.
4. Follow Rob Cressy on Snapchat – If you are on Snapchat then you need to be following me faster than Antonio Brown can shake & bake a DB. You can also see my notes from the Snapchat For Business workshop I taught as well as what went down when I ran my first Snapchat geofilter campaign.
5. Ultimate Guide: Digital Marketing to Millennials – My 6 core principles for creating fun and engaging content that gets people to take action.
6. Subscribe to The Sports Marketing Huddle – My latest project is a podcast that takes a look at all things marketing in the world of sports.
Rob Cressy’s Newsletter
Sign up to receive a weekly email of the best digital marketing and content creation resources I create. My goal is to help you achieve yours.