16: Topps Chris Vaccaro
Chris Vaccaro, Editor-in-Chief and Director of App Production for Topps, joins The Rob Cressy Show to talk about Topps digital strategy and how they think about engaging their sports card loving community. Chris shares a ton of insight into how forward thinking Topps is when it comes to content and having their pulse on the current digital landscape. As someone who used to collect baseball cards it was interesting to hear how the card collecting industry has evolved, allowing the brand to cater to the needs of their fans more so than ever.
Chris has a very impressive background that includes interviewing Hall of Fame athletes and having bylines in some of the largest publications like Rolling Stone, ESPN and Sports Illustrated. He share tips from his journey on what other creators and writers can do to get their breakthrough. He also talks about his success mindset and shares advice that’ll help you become a high performer.
- You can follow Topps Digital on Twitter @ToppsDigital and search “Topps” in the iTunes or Google Play app stores to see all the fun and engaging apps that they have available to sports fans.
- I want to hear from you. Did this podcast cause you to take action in some way? Are there topics that you’d like to see me cover on the show? Is there something that I can improve on? Are you looking to work with an amazing content creator and marketer? Hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @RobCressy and lets talk.
- Check out previous episodes of The Rob Cressy Show here.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ROB CRESSY SHOW PODCAST!
1. Ultimate Entrepreneur Reading List – I’ve read over 100 books on creativity, leadership, entrepreneurship, digital marketing, and sports that have had a major impact on my life. These are those books. Get your learn on!
2. What Exactly Does Cress Media Do? – Check this out and you’ll get a great idea of the value Rob Cressy brings to the table.
3. Want To Write Funnier? – For the last 4 years I’ve studied comedy writing at Second City and from one of the Co-Founders of The Onion. Learn how to become a funnier writer and take your business, career, or blog to the next level.
4. Follow Rob Cressy on Snapchat – If you are on Snapchat then you need to be following me faster than Antonio Brown can shake & bake a DB. You can also check out my notes from the Snapchat For Business workshop I taught.
5. Ultimate Guide: Digital Marketing to Millennials – My 6 core principles for creating fun and engaging content that gets people to take action.
Rob Cressy’s Newsletter
Sign up to receive a weekly email of the best digital marketing and content creation resources I create. My goal is to help you achieve yours.